Catch up with Harrie Highpants Interiors





CATCH UP WITH HARRIE FROM HARRIE HIGHPANTS INTERIORS
I discovered Harrie's work on instagram and fell in love with her designs and a
esthetic. She is one of those proactive creatives who loves her job and has high energy about new projects that come her way and no afraid to get her hand dirty. If you love interiors and design- you'll adore her style and work. 

We hope you enjoy getting to know her journey and inspire you if you are thinking about a creative career change. Thanks for sharing Harrie!

Tell us a bit about yourself. What do you do for work? Where do you live? A fun fact?
My name is Harrie and I am 28 years old. I’m a former primary school teacher turned Interior Stylist. My current job is managing for The Block Pop Up Shop on Fitzroy Street in St Kilda.

What is your creative project / business? Is it full time? Is a side hussle?
The Block is filming the new series at the moment so there isn’t too much time for a side hussle. Keeping The Block Shop stocked with fabulous products fills most of my time! I have a small biz freelance styling, which is great because I can take on as much or as little work as I like. I have just finished an Office makeover with Chelsea from @iheartbargains, which was super fun!

How and when did you start your creative project?
I started my business in late 2017, it’s still a baby! I finished studying atDesign School and knew that I wanted to throw all of the knowledge and skills I had learned into an Interior Styling service. Not long after I started my business I landed my job with The Block Shop, which shifted to my main focus.

What are your go creative tools? Fave supply shop? Or computer program? Before I start any project I always do lots of research! Pinterest, Pinterest, Pinterest! Insta is now good for research because you can save content and pop them in folders to refer back to. Once I have found my inspo I usually create a mood board using Illustrator, its so helpful for a clear vision… having that visual tool is vital for me.

How does your creative project make you feel?
If I can create a space that brings joy to a client, I know I have done my job. It makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Who, what & where inspires you and your work?
I draw inspiration from everywhere. It helps that I work in a homewares store! I am always on the hunt for emerging artists and things that people haven’t seen before. Its’ funny, I’ve been working St Kilda now for 2 years and I have noticed my style has developed into being a bit more fun and quirky. It’s interesting how your surroundings impact you without even knowing.

Who is your favourite famous artist or creative person?
It’s too hard to pick just one! Rachel Castle, Leah Bartholomew & Tess Guinery are my faves!

Do you have any podcast, tv shows or book recommendations?
My regular go to podcasts are We Want To Be Better and Ladies, We Need to Talk. I am currently watching how to get Away With Murder and HANGING for the new season of Wentworth to start.

. Name your fave Instagram accounts.


What’s your favourite thing to do on the weekend when you have no plans? Couch, TV, food and track pants. That’s what dreams are made of! And hanging with my pooch Lennie, of course.

Tell us what is next. What are your plans in life and your creative project. What are you working on now? We will be in the pop up shop space until the end of December, so that will keep me very busy! I’d like to continue with makeovers! They are so fun and bring so much joy to people. Creating spaces that people love is my favourite thing to do, so hopefully I can get a few more under my belt!







CHECK OUT HARRIE’S WORK
#harriehighpants
Get in touch email- hello@harriehighpants.com

Comments

Popular Posts